Our customers have mentioned in their communications with us about how to make their life more comfortable and the products we offer that help them relax, or prevent aches from working too hard at the office desk. Whether managing an office or the household, the good manager was organized, planned ahead, and set goals for the job and at home. To avoid burn out, the other activities are flexibility, coordination, and communication. Here are some other tips to avoid burnout and overwork.
1. Set Priorities: Pareto’s principle claims that 20% of what you do creates 80% of the value. So focus on the tasks that really need your attention and set aside or outsource the rest.
2. Be Flexible: Leave yourself time to adjust to unforseen events and new information in the schedule. Having a packed schedule in too short of a time frame creates stress.
3. Build in Buffers: Experts in time management have said that is is easy to get overwhelmed when you do not build in enough time to switch from one task to another. By giving yourself some time between different activities, the small breaks will reduce stress.
4. Stay in Touch: Adopt technology that allows for flexibility in the schedule to work around family events, and vice versa. There is also an Off button. We have many choices of laptop cases to help carry the new electronic gadgets that keep you connected while away from the office.
5. Practive Active Screening: While you are potentially always reachable, screening calls and emails can help keep you on task.
6. Understand the limits of Technology: Face time still matters in the office and at home. Busy families should hold weekly meetings to coordinate schedules etc.
7. Fuel your Creativity: Make time for hobbies or personal goals such as running a marathon, learning to cook, or listening to music. Activities like these offer rest, relaxation, and time to think creatively while not worrying about a deadline. Comfortchannel.com offers some items that can help make life less stressful. We suggest fitness exercise equipment or even a game of ping pong to keep active. For relaxation, we suggest the luxury of towel warmers and other spa accessories.